Subject: [Leica] IMG: Home, II
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Thu Apr 3 12:18:50 2008

On Apr 3, 2008, at 11:36 AM, Pablo Kolodny wrote:
> no no, Steve,
>
> those ages meant another thing very different from what the world is
> now at.
> That's a great picture, indeed.
>
> And as for your book I think I better go back to see but for what I
> can
> recall of you were working with children in a hospital, those at
> least are
> under some protection plan.
> Nothing to do with homeless, I think.

Pablo, open your eyes to the bigger view. They may not be homeless,
but all the same many have died. I am a physician...
I have taken photos of my patients over almost ten years...they are in
the book...
They were all seriously ill when the photios were made, many are no
longer alive...
They were indeed threatened by the realities of their young
lives...not something trivial,
and part of the context of what we are discussing.

They were courageous little kids, dignified, even heroic...photographed,
were and are treated with compassion and respect.

Steve