Subject: [Leica] IMG: Home, II
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Apr 3 12:20:01 2008

At 03:01 PM 4/3/2008, you wrote:
>  It's just that I don't the see the way
>we could help homeless and impoverished ones by just taking photographs or
>at least not the way we usually do.
>
>regards
>
>Pablo

Would it be better to deliberately not photograph them and pretend
they don't exist?  Or, because you say, "general public still refuses
to see "ugly things"" , maybe we need to keep confronting the general
public with what actually exists so they can't refuse to see it?  I
know for a fact that the agencies I have worked with in Central
America and in Africa have made a definite difference in the lives of
thousands of people who now have clean water, dry houses, healthy
livestock, and children who may live to grow up since they've been
inoculated against preventable diseases.  Without making people aware
of conditions in those countries, the agencies would never have been
able to raise the money needed to make a difference.

Tina

Replies: Reply from pkolodny at fibertel.com.ar (Pablo Kolodny) ([Leica] IMG: Home, II)
Reply from leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] IMG: Home, II)
Message from pkolodny at fibertel.com.ar (Pablo Kolodny) ([Leica] IMG: Home, II)