Subject: [Leica] IMG: Home, II
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 3 12:26:02 2008

Tina Manley <images@comporium.net> wrote:

> Would it be better to deliberately not photograph them and pretend
> they don't exist?  Or, because you say, "general public still refuses
> to see "ugly things"" , maybe we need to keep confronting the general
> public with what actually exists so they can't refuse to see it?

I think many of Tina's photos have shown us that there can be profound
beauty in curcumstances that we comfortable folks think of as ugly.  Simply
snapping ugly and squalour isn't going to motivate the general public, but
showing the beauty of people in difficult circumstances will.

Doug Herr
Sacramento County
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Home, II)