Subject: [Leica] Home II
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Thu Apr 3 17:38:17 2008

George Lottermoser wrote:
>Homelessness can come to any of us, or our family members, for many
>different causes.

When I was a teenager we lived in a nice part of lakefront New Orleans (Lake
Terrace, for those who know it.).  A few blocks from home was a little
footbridge that crossed the Bayou St. John.  Under that bridge lived a
curious little man who cooked fish and crabs in a big tin lard pail.  On
occasion he would ask me to buy him cigars from the drugstore.  He was
obviously suffering from some kind of mental deficit but seemed to enjoy
himself.  I learned later that he was the brother of my mom's best friend
(!), and that the family had been unable to help him (not for lack of
money).  To them he was an embarrassment and they tried repeatedly to get
him off the street, but to no avail.

OTOH , I know some (here) who are just plain old meth freaks, but even they
have their story.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE