Subject: [Leica] Have Leicaflex SL2 prices fallen through the floor?
From: alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal)
Date: Sun Apr 6 06:40:12 2008

 A confluence of factors,  lack of interest in film cameras, unavailability
of 1.35 V Mercury cells, a glut of cheap user R bodies on the market and, of
course, lack of AF have substantially driven down prices of the entire R
system, not just Leicaflexes.  And don't forget that a recession may be
coming an economy near you; that does not help prices of luxury goods. At
one time the SL2, as the last of the Wetzlar built reflexes, commanded a
price premium, but no longer. Even Safari R3s and the 50-year SL2 are way
down.

My advice, FWIW, is to sell at market if you must to get that KE7, if that
is what you were intending to do.

Follow your heart, you live but once....