Subject: [Leica] IMG: Fear of sliding
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Apr 6 22:50:52 2008

This was a strange one.  Sometimes you don't know what you're going to
get.  During our walk Sunday, we went past a playground. On the slide, I
saw a tiny leg peeking out into the sunlight, hesitating.  I thought it was
cute, I just raised my camera focused and shot.

I was wearing sunglasses, so I didn't see into the shadows.  Later I
discovered I'd captured the image of a little girl who was very afraid of
what she was about to do.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/L1003231SlideHesitate-w.jpg.html

It's even more disturbing in black-and-white.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/L1003231SlideHesitateBW-w.jpg.html

There's something kind of Diane Arbus-ish about this one.  The emotion is
real, but I'm not sure if I want to keep this one up.  What do you think?

M8, 50 Summicron. B&W version with a purple-blue digital filter to lighten
the slide somewhat.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: Fear of sliding)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] IMG: Fear of sliding)