Subject: [Leica] Re: KE-7A
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Apr 7 15:32:23 2008

> There is no utilitarian (or even aesthetic?) virtue to most of Picasso's
> paintings either -- to many they are simply grotesque depictions of ugly
> humanoids. For others, to own one is better than conquering Everest.
>
> And a so-called "luxury automobile" for some is merely a mobile
> carbon-monoxide factory, a heap of precious non-renewable resources that
> makes its passengers fat and lazy. For others, to own a Rolls or Jag is
> their favourite accomplishment, and transportation too.
>
> There is no accounting for the power of possessing an exclusive thing, and
> for some people a KE-7A or whatever does it for them, of only for a while.
>
> EPL
> Montreal

There are photo collecting chat rooms I guess....

No point in buying a camera to help one produce photography if that
photograph one produces is going to be judged for its utilitarian
value!!?!?!?

The eBay thing going on now is not collecting.
Its lower than trading.
Back and forth
Its "Winning" auctions. Winning Items we often know little nor care little
about.

Collecting I can see. I've got some stuff I look at more than work with.
Such "ebaying" can be infuriating to hear about for someone who tries to
take photography seriously.
"I live, because I eBay". Its playing with money. And its not photography is
it?
I guess people can't wait to retire so they can eBay full time to the grave.

MWR
New York

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Re: KE-7A)