Subject: Anyother way to spend $10K --->>> WAS: [Leica] Re: KE-7
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue Apr 8 06:57:43 2008

I apparently live in the same sort of neighborhood, and the only
photofinisher in town went from  one hour processing, to once a day, to once
every two  days to closed for business in just three years.   That's C41.
He stopped E6 about the same time he stopped one hour.

The  Walmart  processor (miles away) barely processes film anymore at all.
The photo staff once there had three or four people behind the counter all
day.  Now there is one, and sometimes two.

The Rite Aid store only prints from the kiosk.  No in store processing of
film.

The Walgreen's has one clerk who also stocks the shelves when he's not busy,
which is most of the time.

Two grocers have photo counters at their store, offering five day
turn-around.

With that kind of market, I'd say it is the perfect business for a retiree.
You could go to work, and never have to lift a finger all day.

Sonny

Message from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] Re: KE-7)
Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Re: KE-7)
Message from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) (Anyother way to spend $10K --->>> WAS: [Leica] Re: KE-7)