Subject: [Leica] $1,609,000 for a Edward Weston Print
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Apr 8 07:58:00 2008

Duane Birkey offered:
Subject: $1,609,000 for a Edward Weston Print

>>An Edward Weston print just sold for $1,609,000 at an auction at
Sothebys....

>>A Paul Strand print went for 645,800

>>A Steiglitz "Steerage" print went for only 32,200

Wow......

Duane ( I'm speechless) Birkey

>>Note:  There are alot of fine photos up for auction in the next couple of
days at Sothebys....   Not that I'm buying.... ( I've got to get a M8
first....) but it is fun to see some masterwork images and watch the auction
results...  I'd rather see the prints in person though<<<<

Hi Duane,

I think what would really be fantastic is.. That these photographers, if
alive could share in the income derived from their talent!

Rather than someone who probably got the original print for a handful of
peanuts or nothing.

ted

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] $1,609,000 for a Edward Weston Print)
Reply from vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster) ([Leica] $1,609,000 for a Edward Weston Print)