Subject: [Leica] Friday Flowers Apr.11
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Apr 11 12:10:56 2008

>On Apr 11, 2008, at 7:53 AM, Henning Wulff wrote:
>>  For this week there are a number of pictures:
>>
>>  http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hwulff/flowers/IMG_4692.jpg.html
>>
>>  and the next 13, up to:
>>
>>  http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hwulff/flowers/IMG_4556.jpg.html
>>

>>  Most were taken with a Canon 40D and an old 200/4 Micro Nikkor,
>>one was taken with a Ricoh GX100.
>>
>>  These were mostly taken last Sunday on a walk and as you can see,
>>lots of things are sprouting.
>

>these are quite lovely,  a great use of that micro nikkor...
>

>I assume shot at f4 ?  and what is the minimum focus distance of
>that lens Henning, ?

Most were probably shot at f/5.6. Closest focus is about 2.3 feet,
which is at 1:2, or about 45mm wide with the 40D. The nice thing
about the 200 (or the 400/6.8 Telyt) is that you can choose your
background. Also, that I don't have to get down on my knees as much.
Getting down seems to work fine, but getting up is becoming an issue
:-(.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design