Subject: [Leica] Congratulations to...
From: rclark01 at comcast.net (rclark01@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Apr 12 20:36:40 2008

Charlie:

I don't know much about a Caterham Seven so I think I'll google it later
tonight.  You're right about the six speed gearbox. I had a devil of a time
finding what I was looking for in the car. There are hardly any manual
gearboxes available in the USA for BMW...and for any care at all.  I've
driven Hondas, VW's Toyotas...all manual gearboxes over the years.  I
learned how to drive on a 1976 Toyota Corolla w/5 speed gearbox and since
then have always loved the shifting as a major part of driving.  In
searching for the BMW, there are tons of 3 series cars with the steptronic
that has a semi-manual mode but for me, I wanted the direct mechanical
linkage without any viscous coupling, bands, and any of the initial slippage
of an automatic.  Having direct control over that car in all kinds of
conditions really gives you the all around thrill of driving...even though
we don't have the twisty small roads that much of the UK and Europe has.

Now if I can just keep my eyes off of the 335i 300hp turbo six speed and the
420 hp six speed M3.......

Robert

From: Charlie Chan <topoxforddoc@btinternet.com>