Subject: [Leica] A few shots from Death Valley now links redone and racetrack playa
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Thu Apr 17 17:13:33 2008

George.  You peeked ahead at furure posts.

They are not sure about the movement.  Google Racetrack Playa and you will
find lots of info.  The jist is that they think winds drive them when the
lakebed is muddy and slick.  Or when there is some ice forming, too.  they
seem to go in all directions.  Some have split and one track becomes two.
There was one track that had a rock on each end, like they split and went
opposite directions, or one stayed put.  Very odd and "out of this world".
A great place to visit, when it is not too hot.

I also redid my links as I see in the digest they were all messed up.

Aram

> From: Lottermoser George <imagist3@mac.com>> Subject: Re: [Leica] A few
> shots from Death Valley> To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>>
> the entire Death Valley portfolio - especially the > panorama, the falls,
> the dunes, the artist's pallets, well - pretty > much all of them (with
> few exceptions).> > What or who pushed the rocks about? - very
> intriguing.> > Fond regards,> George> george@imagist.com> www.imagist.com

> From: Aram Langhans <leicar@q.com>> Subject: [Leica] A few shots from
> Death Valley> To: <lug@leica-users.org>> Message-ID:
> <BLU121-W3249074D5F718732BCF3B7D4E50@phx.gbl>> Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset="iso-8859-1"> > > Been out of the Valley for about a week now
> recuperating at my father-in-law's place in Southern Cal.  Here are a few
> shots taken in death valley. Aguerberry Point
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/death+valley+show-12.jpg
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/Aguerberry+Point-3406.jpg
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/death+valley+show-22.jpg Racetrack
Playa. I have been facinated by these since grade school.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/Racetrack+Playa-3629.jpg near miss:
Hear the screaching breaks? :-)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/Racetrack+Playa-3632.jpg
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/Racetrack+Playa-3638.jpg
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/Racetrack+Playa-3641.jpg How big
are they? Here is a medium sized one:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/Racetrack+Playa-3644.jpg Comments
welcome. Most taken with Rebel XTi and Leica 25-70/4 or 100 APO. Aram