Subject: [Leica] Noctilux DOF Film vs. M8
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Apr 21 08:13:39 2008

So I'm still not sure I understand everything I know about what's going on
with the Nocti and the M8. I'm assuming that what we're seeing is some
effect caused by the micro-lenses on the sensor that are causing the focus
shift problem? That's the only thing I can imagine that's doing it.
Everything else is a purely mechanical issue which Leica has solved a
generation or so ago.
I'm just trying to understand what part is really broken before I try to
wrap my head around what a fix might look like. Because if it's either some
dimensionality of the sensor, or of the micro-lenses, then the "fix" would
seem to be that you have an M8 mated to a Nocti and you just leave the two
together after getting the pair adjusted to work. Nothing else will match,
you'll just come arbitrarily close.

Yes? No? Maybe?

I'm seriously confused. Well, I guess no more than normal...

Adam

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Noctilux DOF Film vs. M8)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Noctilux DOF Film vs. M8)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Noctilux DOF Film vs. M8)