Subject: [Leica] F 5.6 and don't be there!
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon Apr 21 15:34:34 2008

At 7:34 AM +1000 4/22/08, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:
>Yes, by all means post pictures! Another alternative would be to mail your
>Nocti to me and I promise to shoot with it in comparison to the 50 asph then
>post pictures.
>Don't need no stinkin' f1.0 'king of the night'
>Meanwhile, back in gearhead Land, I'll be stunned and amazed if Dr Yao's
>prediction of a 50 f0.95 comes to pass! My money is on a 16 or 18 at about
>f4.

Dr. Kaufmann has let this come out a number of times. 'Less expensive
lenses', presuably Summarits, and 'luxury lenses', including
specifically mentioned 50mm 'faster than f/1) and wideangle lenses.
The intention is there, now we wait for the announcements and the
production (and the backfocus problems)......