Subject: [Leica] IMG: Acorn Woodpecker
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Apr 21 22:36:12 2008

> Best known for its habit of drilling holes to store acorns, the Acorn
> Woodpecker has to do more mundane things too like quench his thirst.  This
> bird is an adult male who has just dipped his bill into the pond
> (background)
> and is letting the water run down his throat.
>
> http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/picidae/acwo02.jpg
>
> technical stuff:
>
> R8/DMR @ISO 400
> 560mm f/6.8 Telyt with UET-R extension tube
> shoulder stock & monopod
> 1/250 sec @ f/6.8

Red white and black the strongest color combination there is and the
1933-1935 national flag of Germany.
After they lost that war they made them put yellow in to weaken it.
Yellow instead of white.
That may sound like baloney but I really did read it
And didn't make it up. But wish I did.

Gorgous Bird.
Very strong looking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:National_flag_of_Germany_1933-1935.svg