Subject: [Leica] IMG: the episode in which Hoppy becomes a criminal
From: stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Wed Apr 23 19:14:12 2008

Steve- I'm not sure- but I think you've explained it correctly. My old
60 mm macro has no electrical contacts (like the new R lenses have),
and has no bar coding  as is being added by some for their M8's.
somehow- the EXIF viewer software program pick up the data when you put
your image file in to the software file on the monitor. I hope this
helps, Stasys
On Apr 23, 2008, at 5:33 PM, Steve Barbour wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2008, at 5:18 PM, grduprey@mchsi.com wrote:
>
>> Stasys,
>>
>> The M8 does not have any connections in the lenses which can read the
>> actual aperture used.  The R lenses, especially the current ROM
>> lenses do have this connection and can read the actual aperture.  The
>> M8 can only read the info in the coding bar to record the max
>> aperture, as there is no linkage to tell the actual used aperture.
>
> so the coding has nothing to do with outcome or photo quality, just
> puts the lens into the exif...is that correct?
>

> Steve
>

>> Gene

>>> 1/30th and a whole host of other details. Great feature for inquiring