Subject: [Leica] IMG: Casa montes
From: octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas)
Date: Thu Apr 24 10:36:14 2008

        On 23/04/2008, at 22:42, Luis Ripoll wrote:

> Hola Luis,
>
> Very nice pictures, very nice Camilo Jose Cela "Viaje a la Alcarria"
> rememberings, a great tribut and testimony for our memory.
> Unfortunately
> will probably be replaced by an Iron building.

You can bet for that, the whole apple was demolished (the pictures was
taken 02/2007) and AFAIK luxury apartments were planned there, on the
other hand Casa Montes is still operating on another place.

Sad because when I lived there it was a nice place with strong
character, if they only could keep the facades, or build new ones with
the same style...

> Some years ago I've visited a town close to Guadalajara, I can't
> remember
> the name, the town had a nice Castle and a small Museum where I saw
> the
> original documents writed by Don Camilo Jose Cela, his powerful
> capability
> of description of the people, towns, landscapes...

I think you were in Torija, near the highway.
Quite nice museum, if you can locate the guy who opens it during
weekdays (at least in 1997 when I tried), during weekends is an easy
target :)

> Is maybe only comparable on other sense with Josep Pla, among the
> most recent writers, because we
> can't forget Machado, Azor?n....

Indeed, but Pla's "Viaje a pie", which was read a long while ago gave
me sheer joy, I should read it again, now that years and miles have
passed over me :)

> Thanks for showing and remembering this wonderful "Viaje a la
> Alcarria"

thanks to you Luis.

I feel better, to hell with photography, art, women, and all
E. Weston, 1924
http://luis.imaginarymagnitude.net/

Message from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: Casa montes)