Subject: [Leica] Auctioning off the first production Leica M8
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Mon May 5 16:15:40 2008

Hi Luggers,
I follow the Westlicht auctions sponsored by the Leica shop in Vienna
(from which I bought my first M8 when they had a sales show in Hong
Kong) and was surprised to see that Leica is selling the first
production M8. No sentimental ties in Solms for the camera. I wonder
if Mr. Kaufmann is selling it to raise (a little) cash.
Cheers
Howard
Here's the message from Peter Coeln:

        Dear Friend of Photographica,

WestLicht Photographica Auction is pleased to announce that online
bidding for our coming auction on Saturday, June 7th 2008 is
available now at www.westlicht-auction.com.

You can view all the 851 lots in high resolution images and leave
bids through our secure server - all you need for registration is a
valid credit card. We also have an online facility for you to apply
for telephone bidding. For detailed information please contact
auction@westlicht.com or visit the Information for Bidder section on
our webpage.

Last second offer

Just shortly after this catalogue went to print Leica Camera AG asked
us to auction the first Leica M8 - an unique opportunity we could not
let pass. Please note that this lot is being substituted for lot 147
of the printed listing. Please click here to find detailed
information about this exciting camera.  Serial number 3100000.

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Auctioning off the first production Leica M8)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Auctioning off the first production Leica M8)
Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] Auctioning off the first production Leica M8)