Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tiptoe through the tulips
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue May 6 18:27:26 2008

On Sunday we took an excursion to the tulip fields about an hour north of
Seattle. My mom really wanted to see them, so we loaded a wheelchair into
the trunk, and off we went.

The fields were gorgeous, the path around them less so. Remember the old
Flanders and Swan song about the hippopotamus?  "Mud, mud, glorious
mud..." This made photography take second place to strategic and remediary
wheelchair navigation.

Still, I got a few, including this one of my Mom among the tulips:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/family/tulips08/L1003317-prf.jpg.html>

The area was mobbed by hundreds of tourists speaking dozens of languages.
It was almost impossible to get a shot of the fields without people, with
everyone running among the rows to get a Kodak moment of their loved ones
among the flora.  OK, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/family/tulips08/L1003318-prf.jpg.html>

Farmer in uniform, tractor, tourists, and MUD!
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/family/tulips08/L1003324-prf.jpg.html>

This little guy was just too cute to resist, so I asked the parents and
they said OK.  This is cropped a bit:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/family/tulips08/L1003326TykePurpleTulipsCrop-w.jpg.html>

Oh, and a tribute to my better half's Russian culture:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/family/tulips08/L1003312-prf.jpg.html>

Other pics in the album are happy snaps, but you're welcome to look if you
want.

Blessedly, there are no photos of Katya and me cleaning sticky mud, gravel
and wood chips off the wheelchair (and ourselves) with a garden hose and a
stiff broom.

Enjoy,
--Peter

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: Tiptoe through the tulips)