Subject: [Leica] IMG: Yosemite and Sam
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Sun May 11 19:19:30 2008

I finally developed and scanned the Hasselblad shots of Yosemite Falls from
last month. The two I liked are here:

http://raflexions.com/Leica/content/Yosemite_Falls_FP4_01_adj1_large.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/4mu97w

and

http://raflexions.com/Leica/content/Yosemite_Falls_FP4_02_adj1_large.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/3ohfxd

Tech stuff: HV & Ilford FP4. The last image was taken with the 350/5.6 and
2Xe: the trees to the right are probably 30 feet high to give you some idea
of the magnitude of these falls. Really amazing.

Went back this past Friday. another exhausting day: 18 hours and 463 miles
(took a couple of wrong turns). These are all from the M8:

View from Glacier Pt.:
http://raflexions.com/Leica/content/GlacierPt_large.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/4xm8qc

And we found this barn at the end of the day down an old dirt road on the
way out of the north gate:

http://raflexions.com/Leica/content/2L1001250_45_46_47_48_49_adj_large.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/4psrso

Both the last 2 images are blends of 3 and 5 images processed using HDRI. I
use Photomatix rather than CS3 as it seems to result in a bit more realistic
image.
I decided to use this technique because the light, especially at Glacier Pt.
was really harsh. Using it for the barn also worked well as the sky was
quite bright even at the end of the day...

Finally, Sam:
http://raflexions.com/Leica/content/L1001424_large.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/4a29d2