Subject: [Leica] Orphan Works
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon May 12 07:23:53 2008

A. Lal,Believe me, congress cares about what their constituents think/want.
 If they are not re-elected then they can not get money from the rich and
powerful so the circle can continue.  What elected representatives try to do
is obfuscate what they do so that the voters can be told both sides of every
story and can believe that their rep is OK and it is all the others that are
liars.

What Tina and Ted are doing is getting enough letters to the House/Senate
that the reps rethink their vote.  In my district my representative has a
seat for life so he will not care but there is a competitive Senate race
this year so at that point my letter will have some influence as in that
race every vote will be desired.