Subject: [Leica] real focal length of M-Rokkor 2.8/28 and CV 1.9/28 mm ?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon May 12 08:41:59 2008

Jean Louchet <jean.louchet@gmail.com> wrote:

> My question is about the _actual_ focal lengths of
> the M-Rokkor 28 and the CV 1.9/28. At least one of them is not a 28.

Probably neither is an actual 28mm.  Deviation of actual focal length from
nominal is very common.  Many older Leitz lenses have a small number
engraved sideways next to the infinity symbol on the focussing scale that
indicates the deviation from nominal focal length.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web