Subject: [Leica] The Americans - get it while it's hot
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Thu May 15 08:25:35 2008

The Steidl reprint of Robert Frank's "The Americans" was published today.
I've got two coming my way - one for looking and one in case I wear the
first one out.  It's even endorsed by B.D. as a book that "belongs on any
list of the first five 'must-have' books for anyone interested in serious
documentary photography/photojournalism."  See it all in the archive:
http://leica-users.org/v27/msg01283.html

Frank even used a Leica for all of this.  I'm reminding you all because even
some mediocrely printed (in my opinion) previous editions are now in that
awful category of either impossible to obtain or prohibitively expensive
when available.

Marty

Gallery:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/main.php?g2_itemId=7617

Most people can only judge of things by the experiences of ordinary life,
but phenomena outside the scope of this are really quite numerous.
        Shen Kuo - 'Dream Pool Essays'

--
See Exclusive Video: 10th Annual Young Hollywood Awards
http://www.hollywoodlife.net/younghollywoodawards2008/

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] The Americans - get it while it's hot)