Subject: [Leica] IMG: beach birds
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu May 15 07:38:19 2008

Tuesday morning I made a quick trip to the San Francisco area and found
that I had extra time right around sunrise, so I visited South Shore beach
in Alameda (across the bay from SF) where I found a few shorebirds:

Sanderling:
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/scolopacidae/sand01.jpg

Black-bellied Plover, still in winter plumage:
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/charadriidae/bbpl00.jpg

Technical stuff:

the usual R8/DMR, 560, shoulder stock & monopod, UET-R extension tube.  I
was on my knees in the sand, about as low as I was willing to take my
camera, in order to get a somewhat eye-level perspective.

All comments welcome.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft?