Subject: [Leica] Oh god, I found another KE-7A kit, far more economical, ...
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Thu May 15 10:29:04 2008

Mark

I wasn't trolling.  Perhaps I should have posted at IDCC, which is more
interested in collecting.

But honestly, I received an email yesterday, from an inquiry that I had
completely forgotten about, for a KE-7A kit.  A person had claimed to
have one for sale, I replied back, months ago, but received no further
reply. Well, he responded yesterday, and with a price that is very
reasonable (comparatively).

Now, with my prior thread on this topic, there were those that were
amused (I hope) and provided some excellent advice.  And what really
impressed me even further were the stories of prior pricing (one
university getting a set at a couple hundred dollars, and the pricing
when the US Army released a number of sets onto the civilian market).
And I also got many private emails, with images, to assert
authenticity.  That was a completely surprising and welcome outcome of
that thread.

So, not a troll.  I thought the group might be amused at how my desires
for getting a KE-7A is playing out.

As for shooting with it, I fully intend to, if I get it.  It comes with
the 50/2 Elcan lens, which I still hear isn't so hot a lens.

As for current shooting, well, my work is killing me right now. No
current shooting.  It is crunch time, in the software release delivery
business.  Phase 1 delivery is 1.5 weeks late (we are holding the final
review for shipment today), phase 2 - commercial release is mid-June.
No time for relaxation until then.

....Vick

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Oh god, I found another KE-7A kit, far more economical, ...)
Reply from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] Oh god, I found another KE-7A kit, far more economical, ...)