Subject: [Leica] Schneider & Kaufmann shattering news
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu May 15 13:09:42 2008

Nathan offered:

Subject: Re: [Leica] Schneider & Kaufmann shattering news

>> As for the full-frame M, who cares? From what I have seen, the

current 1.37 M yields wonderful images. What is so holy about the

35mm format?<<<

Hi Nathan,

I agree whole heartedly!

Sure in some cases one looses the full wide angle of a 15 or so, but in
reality from the first moment I put any lens on the M8 it was a no brainer..
I didn't think the lenses changed!! I shot what was there!

Even though view finder lines were a bit confusing, after a couple of lining
up viewfinder lines in the finder, clicking a few frames and checking the
screen and coverage I knew pretty well where the lens was covering. Never
thought about it again click, click!

My reaction to the interview was. "Oh my God here we go again!!!!!!!

There'll be 80 million LUG opinions back and forth for weeks on end while
deciphering what he said, what he meant adinfinitum. It'll be the end of the
world for Leica, we'll all fall into a deep LUG morass of malaise day after
day with opinions like a bunch of old lady's at a tea party!

Of course all completely meaningless because absolutely no body here has a
drink after work with Herr Kaufmann to discuss the days events of life!

However I'm with you on the M8 I don't give a rat's butt whether it's full
frame or not. I just put it to my one good eye and it's click if the picture
is there!

It's so KISS simple just use the camera and get on with life and stop
thinking about all or whatever changes there are or will be. Click click!
:-)

ted

We may be reading different interview, but as far as I can tell he

makes a pretty strong statement about future DSLRs from Leica.

Was it written down on the tablets on Mount Sinai or

something?

I will happily stack up my tiny 4/3 images against anything I did on

35mm film in the past.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain