Subject: [Leica] Schneider & Kaufmann shattering news
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu May 15 18:35:32 2008

I also read his statement as a new DSLR will come when they are ready with
autofocus lenses. I doubt that the body is a problem as much as a range of
lenses. Autofocus does not preclude using manual focus when you want - I use
a fair bit of old Nikon AIS lenses on my D300, and at times I use manual
focus for wildlife in tangled cover for my long lenses as well. But a good
autofocus system is a boon for this fiftysomething whose eyesight is gently
fading....
Cheers
Jayanand