Subject: [Leica] OT Query - Canon FD lenses/cameras
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu May 22 04:44:04 2008

Douglas

AFAIK I compensated it with a third of a stop, but honestly I don't remember
exactly, but tend to believe, it was by lowering the ASA. With the newer
films' exposure tolerance you might ignore that correction anway and just
try it. Or, K.I.S.S., to say it in Ted's words.

If you intend to let the camera CLA you can ask for adding an ohm resistance
to the circuit to reduce the 1.5V output. I did it for a Rollei XF35.

There are also adapters on the market:
http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/mercurybattery.html
They do not recommend to use batteries with higher than default output (but
they're probably just spreading F.U.D. to sell more adapters). I don't
believe your 1974 Canon is that delicate in electronics.

Best regards
Didier