Subject: [Leica] IMG #093
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu May 22 11:31:30 2008

Graham showed:

Leica M6 : 50mm Noctilux (I think) : orange filter:Kodak Professional BW400
CN

http://www.geebeephoto.com/2008/08093.htm

Hi Graham,

The B&W photos of the past few days have been wonderful images particularly
with the interesting effects of the filters.

If clouds are in a frame, one might as well use filters of some kind to make
them pop off the print or screen.

In my beginning days I shot  scenics by the hundreds and used a yellow
filter, occasionally a red or orange for practically every frame.

Properly used they can make a ho hun scene look spectacular.

Eventually my only filter use with B&W or colour was the Polarizing filter.
I think the only one still kicking around here some place.

Thanks for posting.

ted