Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another Look
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue May 27 14:46:51 2008

Jim Nichols showed:

Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: Another Look

>Original:   <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Lantana01.tif.html>
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Lantana01.tif.html

>Revised:  http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Lantana02.tif.html>

Hi Jim,

I like both because they are different flowers and different compositions.

#1:

I have absolutely no problem with the out of focus light reflections in the
bkgd! Goes with the macro type flower situation. Wider coverage and it's
going to pick-up this type of effect. I suppose if one wished to be "picky"
the PS "Healing brush" could be employed and a quick hit on each and dull
them done. Hardly worth the effort though!!!!

Also it's a looser composition and space so the background is going to come
up with this effect. Actually it's quite a normal flower photo with typical
background areas showing soft light blobs... goes with the territory on any
sort of wider shot! -)

#2:

Rhodo flowers. Different kind of photo. tight on flower with very little
bkgd. ERGO: less chance of out of focus light blobs! Sure if one looks
closely the OOF light reflections can be seen.. barely! No distraction here
either. Actually if the viewer is paying attention to looking at the flower,
the blobs are of no consequence.

Good on you!

ted

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Another Look)