Subject: [Leica] Re: Lenses for Digital
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams)
Date: Fri May 30 06:14:22 2008

I use the following lenses on a D3 and experience no performance problems:

60mm Macro
50/1.4
28-70/2.8 IF
85/1.4
80-200/2.8

10.5 DX
17-55/2.8 DX

105/1.8 AIS
180/2.8 AIS

I have seen online users experiencing focus/performance problems with
Nikon's 70-200/2.8 VR on the D3. I've used one before without any problems.
The D3 even has a focus adjust in the menu, I think that's mainly for using
MF lenses on it, but I've not had the need to use it. MF lenses work great
on the D3. If adjustments are needed, I'm sure a trip to Nikon would fix the
problem. M8/Nocti users have done this and I know some Canon users have doen
the same with camera/lens combos.

The Zeiss MF lenses are receiving very good reviews. I may have to rent the
25mm to give it a try. Nikon's 200/f2 VR is next on my list for renting.

Rumor is Nikon may update the outdated 28,50, and 85mm lenses. August is the
rumored announcement.

Chris

PS. Love the D3!