Subject: [Leica] Re: Lenses for Digital
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Fri May 30 11:12:58 2008

On May 30, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Ted Grant wrote:

> lenses, except for the 85/1.2, just aren't as good as Leica ones.<<<
>
> Hi Tina,
> There isn't any doubt the Leica glass does what it's always done.
> cut sharp
> as new razor blades and that's one of the main reasons we use Leica.
> the
> glass quality without question.
>
> I'm not going to get into any kind of discussion about future Leica
> digital
> SLR's and auto lens stuff simply because at the moment it's a
> complete waste
> of time until we see them for real.
>
> So until then, I've more important things to do with my life, as in
> picture
> taking! Than a bunch of  babbling hyperbole on mythical things
> Leica! :-)
>
> It's the only common sense logical manner to keep from becoming a
> raving
> lunatic of any leaked, imagined, rumored or purported news of what
> future
> Leica endeavors might be.
>
> At the moment until I see them in use "real time!" in the hands of
> real
> photographers and not the pets of Leica, it's all smoke, mirrors and
> clouds
> in the sky!

what is sad, but sometimes amazes me Ted, is that Steven Lee, the
saviour,  is gone...

the DMR, much as it can make wonderful images, is gone, a sales
failure (some could never even get it to work)...

and rapturously,  we are already mastercating about the next great
thing...

Steve

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] WAS: : Lenses for Digital NOW: ? LEICA WHERE ARE YOU?)