Subject: [Leica] Re: Lenses for Digital
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri May 30 10:57:18 2008

Tina Manley offered:

Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lenses for Digital

>>>I've given up on Canon and gone back to Leica for digital.  The Canon

lenses, except for the 85/1.2, just aren't as good as Leica ones.<<<

Hi Tina,

There isn't any doubt the Leica glass does what it's always done. cut sharp
as new razor blades and that's one of the main reasons we use Leica. the
glass quality without question.

And adapting them to my Leicanon 20D make the images sharper and I believe
make the 20D photos appear far superior compared to using the Canon glass.
In some cases.

Although when I see what son Scott does with his Canon Mark 111 and 300 2.8
it's amazingly crisp and ice cutting sharp that I'd put up against Leica any
day of similar focal length.

If the subject I'm working on is a sort of non-moving, non-breathing, rock
and fern kind of subject I much prefer my Leica lenses on the 20D with the
"focus confirmation adapters."

But if it's action of any kind or IE: grandson's basketball games, then I
use auto focus Canon glass. However the Canon 10-22 is an amazing lens for
crisp images!

I'm not going to get into any kind of discussion about future Leica digital
SLR's and auto lens stuff simply because at the moment it's a complete waste
of time until we see them for real.

So until then, I've more important things to do with my life, as in picture
taking! Than a bunch of  babbling hyperbole on mythical things Leica! :-)

It's the only common sense logical manner to keep from becoming a raving
lunatic of any leaked, imagined, rumored or purported news of what future
Leica endeavors might be.

At the moment until I see them in use "real time!" in the hands of real
photographers and not the pets of Leica, it's all smoke, mirrors and clouds
in the sky!

ted

Replies: Reply from crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall) ([Leica] Re: Lenses for Digital)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Re: Lenses for Digital)