Subject: [Leica] OT: Peter's Symphony preview article
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat May 31 14:02:00 2008

The Seattle Symphony is currently presenting a "Coming to America"
festival, featuring music of composers who came here from other
countries.  I just wrote an article about the rediscovery of a piece that
was thought lost, written by seven important composers, six of them
European composers in exile in Hollywood during WWII. A fascinating story,
with some Agatha Christie-ish overtones.  I'm hearing the piece
tonight.  It was recorded a few years back, but this is the first time it's
being performed "live" since its one and only performance in 1945.

http://www.jtnews.net/index.php?/news/item/4410/C48/

--Peter

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] OT: Peter's Symphony preview article)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] OT: Peter's Symphony preview article)