Subject: [Leica] Have 35 'Lux, want 35/1.2 Nokton. Crazy?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jun 1 14:52:19 2008

At 05:32 PM 6/1/2008, you wrote:
>Has anyone here used both the Leica 35/1.4 Summilux ASPH and the CV
>35/1.2 Nokton?  And had to decide between one or the other, or both?
>
>Repeat entire circular thought process over and over.
>
>So, as the cowardly Lion said:  "Talk me out of it." Or not...
>
>--Peter

Peter-

I've got both.  They are totally different animals.  I love them both
and they are the two lenses I keep on my two M8's most of the
time.  My favorite film lens was the Noctilux and the Nocton is the
closest I can come to that with the M8.  It is easier to focus than
the Noctilux.  In spite of sending the Noctilux and my M8 to Leica to
be matched, I still can't focus it - besides it is now a 65 ;-)   The
Summilux has its own look, it's quite a bit smaller and I can hold it
at slower speeds than the Nocton.

For available light with the M8, you can't get any better than these two.

Sorry ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com