Subject: [Leica] German interview with Che Guevara photographer
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon Jun 2 21:02:29 2008

Ich kann genug lesen deutsch, um diesen Artikel zu verstehen.

(I can read German well enough to understand that article).
I guess fame is a relative thing. In the interview he points out that
Alberto Korda's picture of Che Guevara is the most widely reproduced
photographic image in the history of photography.

The Victoria and Albert museum had a spectacular exhibit last year showing
the history of that image and showing a full-frame print of it so you can
see the value of cropping, and other pictures on the roll so you can see
just how decisive that moment was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Heroico1.jpg

I'm not sure I can read German well enough to pick up subtle nuances, but it
seems to me that Burri is rather on the defensive about comparisons between
him and Korda.

Replies: Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] German interview with Che Guevara photographer - LINK)