Subject: [Leica] Wierd accessory
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu Jun 26 06:22:36 2008

At 08:14 AM 6/26/2008, Philip Forrest wrote:
 >This looks like Kilfitt made a visoflex type adapter for LTM. Is this
 >true? (No I'm not going to buy it or the lens with the sandblasted
 >front element [use a filter!;) ]) I'm just curious.

You do need to buy my book on LTM lenses in which
Kilfitt reflex housings are discussed in some
detail.  Kilfitt made a number of such housings
during the 1950's.  None were as mechanically
solid as are the PLOOT/Visolfex line of housings
but all are useful and optically decent.

Novoflex also made such reflex housings.  And, of
course, the original Soviet "snaiperscop" came
with an honest-to-Joe-Stalin made-by-KMZ reflex housing.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] Wierd accessory)