Subject: [Leica] Ah! Back to the Great Filter Dispte!
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu Jun 26 09:54:45 2008

At 10:41 AM 6/26/2008, Ted Grant wrote:
 >The Great Filter debate! :-)
 >
 >It's the year 3008 and this conversation will still be going on! :-) WHY?
 >
 >Simply because some people are amateurs, some are pros and some always seem
 >to be in one panic state or other over the subject. Certainly when plain
 >old
 >fashion common sense will tell you when to use and when not to.
 >
 >Absolutely honest experience... I never use them unless for specific
 >reason:

I agree.  Horses for Courses.  Light 'em up if
you have 'em.  Use them as necessary.  There are
no rigid rules, no "one-size-fits-all".

Ted, of course, didn't use filters of any kind
when he chiseled those epic panels during his
stint pulling KP at the Last Supper which later
went on to inspire da Vinci in that epic
painting, though Ted has never explained why he
put that extra hand in his rendition, and even
Dan Brown couldn't decipher Ted's idea.

You can admit it now, Ted, after all these
years:  was Alley Oop REALLY as neat a guy as has
recently been shown in the comic strip?  After
all, the Wikipedia article on him indicates that
your cave paintings of Oop led to that strip.  It
must be grand to be the World's Ranking Picture-Maker.

Another query:  was Caesar as vain as they say
about his hair?  Weren't you the official Combat
Artist during his Gaul campaigns?

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!