Subject: [Leica] Another first..Slide film
From: whmcclary at mac.com (Harrison)
Date: Sun Jun 29 11:22:25 2008

You might want to consider calibrating your meter to your
film/camera/lab choice.  It is quite easy to do.

Go outside on a day when the light is even and not changing, partly
cloudy is NOT a good day for this

Take some paper and mark it so:

0, 1/2, 1, 1 1/2, 2 and then -1/2, -1, -1 1/2, -2

Get someone to hold the paper and shoot them at what the meter reads and
have them show 0.  Then bracket in 1/2 stop increments, use the + marks
to signify over exposure, the - to signify the underexposure.  Get the
film processed and then judge which has the correct exposure and be sure
then to always adjust your meter that much when shooting.  If you change
films or labs you will need to repeat this process.

Oh also be sure to look at your M6 shutter curtain when the camera is
cocked.  That little white circle is your metering pattern. Be sure to
keep that in mind when you are metering something, a white subject will
skew the meter to underexpose and a dark subject will skew it to over
expose.  Look for something middle gray.

Oh and having said all that looking at your photos they do not look that
bad, most are pretty close to correct.  Keep in mind chromes are more
contrasty and saturating the colors is a good thing in chromes, I think.