Subject: [Leica] OT: New Nikon D700 full frame
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Jul 1 22:06:55 2008

I often pack my 50 1.8 AF Nikkor with me often as a back up fast reach as
does as I understand it, Kyle. You'll forget you have it with you but it
will save your but. No two buts about it.
Last week it came in handy on a job.  I got a great shot with it which I'd
be surprised if it didn't get used. Dramatic compression of space.
I've used it extensively often at night wide open.
This time though it was f8 at high noon. Not a real test of an optic.
But his is an amazing less than hundred dollar optic.

We have to separate the build and feel of a lens from the results we get
from it.
Leica stuff will spoil us build wise.
But the discrepancy between build is no where near the discrepancy in
quality.

Leica gives us pie in the sky quality.
Nikon Canon and others give as often astonishing quality.
Amazing bang for the bucks.
But in a symphony in plastic.  Not exactly pie in the sky.
Its a really competitive field which may not have any comparison or equal.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner