Subject: [Leica] Was Nikon D700 Now M8 Upgrade
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu Jul 3 06:04:15 2008

A posit I read on the LUG many years ago, "Never sell Leica."

I suppose there are many reasons why. One being that you won't be able
to afford to buy it back down the road.

Though it seemed like a good idea at the time I regret selling my R
gear. It cost practically nothing to maintain, and the lenses are still
as good as anything out there. I essentially traded R for digital stuff,
some of which is worthless now.

I'm glad I kept my M system. Another camera that I'm glad I kept is my
Contax T2. And my Rollei TLRs.

There is, OTOH, such a thing as having too much equipment. I never
regretted selling older Leica if I replaced it with newer. Well, almost
never. :-)

DaveR