Subject: [Leica] OT: New Nikon D700 full frame
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Tue Jul 1 14:04:47 2008

Len,

>>I also use the 45mm pancake on the D60<<

FX has merit in that the 45 would be normal instead of semi-tele. I have
a 45P. I'd be quite content with that lens, a WA (20 or 24) and FX as a
kit.

I walk a lot. I've think each mile adds about 10% to the perceived
weight of a camera. I still use my M6 a lot, rather than my D200, for
that reason. It takes about 10 miles before my M6 and 35/1.4 feel like a
D200 and 17-55/2.8 do initially.

I wish the D700 was the size of a D60. I may just continue to use my M6
and/or FE2 until the day comes when that's a reality. I discovered it's
less expensive to shoot film than upgrade every time Nikon comes out
with a new body. :-)

DaveR