Subject: [Leica] IMG: M8 Mishap
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jul 6 10:26:35 2008

Tina Manley offered hurtingly:

>>>I'm in California hiking in the Sierra Nevada mountains and have not had
e-mail for over a week.  We've had a wonderful trip and I've taken many
photos with my two M8's but on Tuesday, we were hiking near Southfork Lake
in the John Muir Wilderness when I stumbled over a rock and fell face first
onto my M8.  I broke my nose but the M8 is

fine, as far as I can tell and I've continued to take photos with it in
spite of two very black eyes.  Can you see the imprint of the M8 on my face?

http://www.pbase.com/image/99734652

I look even worse today as all of the colors are more vivid and spreading
over most of my face.<<<<

Dear Tina,

So sorry to read and "see" the results of your fall. :-( As the words are
written . "all will heal." I thought unfortunately "one will look like hell
until it does!"

I don't know what it is with my two most favourite lady photographers and
face wounds this past couple of weeks, now you Tina and Sandy Carter a week
ago both injured.

Sandy was thrown to the deck of her Tom's boat during a violent collision
with an un-chartered rock formation in the evening. She sustained a major
cut right at the left eye and a second on the cheek bone upon contact with
the deck. Any closer and it would've cost her an eye. A dozen stitches to
close the wounds after the Canadian Coast Guard got her to shore and to
hospital.

According to Sandy "not a pretty sight as she looked like a stuck pig with
blood all over the place." Not to mention the eye closed and looked like a
black half grape fruit stuck to her face.

However as you two ladies are strong women being photojournalists, all will
recover and I can only thank The Great Spirit your injuries were not worse
than they could've been.

Take are and heal well.

ted