Subject: [Leica] Another Door Closed to Photography
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Jul 12 07:55:20 2008

At 01:59 AM 7/12/2008, you wrote:
>We as real photojournalists are being straddled with this crap of paper work
>and litigation while documenting the world of today simply because of people
>who figure they can make "money" through a lawyer!
>
>Sorry I sound like I'm pissed off! I am! Damn real world of today!!!!!
>
>ted

Ted - I have run into the same attitudes and requirements lately in
schools, churches, and non-profit agencies.  Everybody has to have
signed permission from every person photographed with detailed
information about how and where the photos will be used.  We had
hundreds of pages of signed permissions for our Families of Abraham
exhibit.  I haven't run into that yet in developing
countries.  There, people are usually just happy that anybody cares
enough about them to photograph them!  Here in the USA, I started
running into the problem of needing signed permission about five
years ago and it's only gotten worse.  I'm afraid unposed, actual
documentary photography will not exist here in the future.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Another Door Closed to Photography)