Subject: [Leica] Re: Lecia Street Photography in the Middle East
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sat Jul 12 14:01:10 2008

On Jul 12, 2008, at 1:25 PM, Lottermoser George wrote:

> The drive, focus and dedication to your subject(s), now expressed in
> words, comes through powerfully in your photographs. It never
> occurred to me that you "missed" anything when I viewed every image
> on your gallery. You obviously have a fine eye, impeccable technique
> and something to say.
>
> That being said; your statement regarding "?nothing to photograph"
> in America suggests a very narrow point of view. America, like every
> other place on earth, has human beings with stories written on their
> faces, in their hearts as well as their environments. America is not
> simply a mall. We have as much diversity of subject matter as any
> other place on earth. You may choose not to photograph here - but
> not for lack of subjects.

your images are powerful, loaded with empathy and history, very well
done...

the thought and question about whether they reflect the demographics
of Israel, was based on some wrong impressions...

I don't think you ever implied that....but some viewers may have read
too much into it.

I'm not sure why we went so far down that particular avenue...

as is always the case,  your images only reflected what you chose to
photograph, or not to photograph...

I do have to echo George, and point out that America offers, and here
on the LUG you will see, photos of the young and the old with heavy
stories etched upon their faces,

in fact here in the US, you can readily find subjects that look
identical to those you found in Israel,

Steve