Subject: [Leica] Info on a 300mm f/5.6 tele kilar Kilfitt Munchen
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sat Jul 12 18:35:02 2008

At 05:51 PM 7/12/2008, Chris Williams wrote:
 >#208-4570
 >
 >One colored circle
 >
 >COZWI

Ah!  You have a 5.6/300 Tele-Kilar in KI mount,
Kilfitt order code DREVO.  This is a fairly late
one, probably dating from around the
mid-1960's.  The lens should come in a small
suitcase complete with lens hood and a microfiche
with the optical test results for this lens.  It
takes either Series VIII or 67.5mm by 0.75mm
filters or can use 2" square gelatins on the internal filter holder.

The COZWI is a 1mm shim.  This shim is not used
when the lens is mounted on a on a Kilfitt reflex
housing.  Insert the shim to fit the lens to a
Leitz PLOOT or Visoflex I reflex housing.  A
spacer of some sort is necessary, together with
the COZWI, to fit the lens to a Leitz Visoflex II/IIa/III reflex housing.

I did a LOT of happy shooting with a lens like
this and only sold it when I picked up a 4/300
Pan-Tele-Kilar, an even better lens.  Those on
the LUG who have a true thirst for knowledge
already own a copy of my LTM lens book, and the
photo of <ah-HEM> me on the back cover shows me
with a 5.6/300 Tele-Kilar on an M6.  (Alas, but
as I needed the M6 for the picture, I ended up
shooting it, I recall, with my Rolleiflex 2.8GX.

In any event, the Tele-Kilar is an outstanding
lens and is worth a lot more than it is currently bringing on the market.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams) ([Leica] Info on a 300mm f/5.6 tele kilar Kilfitt Munchen)