Subject: [Leica] M8 Discounts
From: neilschneider2 at yahoo.es (Neil Schneider)
Date: Mon Jul 14 07:26:36 2008

Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 08:06:53 +0200
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@frozenlight.eu>
Subject: Re: [Leica] M8 Discounts
To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
    delsp=yes

Hi Neil,

Yes, the B&H price is indeed better than here, but if I were to buy
the M8 from them and have it shipped to Spain, then I would need to
add about 20% for the shipping, the customs duty (small, only 3-4%)
and Spanish VAT (16%, payable to the post office or UPS/DHL/Fedex on
delivery). So, using round numbers, if the B&H price is ?3500 with
shipping and I have to add 20%, then I am looking at ?4200, which is
exactly what the camera costs at the Dutch dealer I mentioned (and the
Dutch price already includes VAT, and since it is an intra-EU deal,
there is no customs duty). That is why I said that buying in the US is
good mostly when I or somebody else can "smuggle" the camera back to
Europe.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan
My point was that if you are traveling to the EEUU from here in europe,
you can buy it and bring it back to europe... or if someone in your
family or someone you trust to buy it for you... then there is no 20%
and no VAT... just pay the american tax rather than give a european
address to avoid that tax because it will cause problems later on...
Bring the camera back here into spain as if it was your personal camera
as every photojournalist does... that's how you save the money...
How many flights on Iberia are with people going to the EEUU
on shopping tours to take advantage of the falling dollar...
Regards
Neil

Neil Schneider
neilschneider2@yahoo.es
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/People-And-Places_0/

Enviado desde Correo Yahoo! La bandeja de entrada m?s inteligente.