Subject: [Leica] mini photo story - balloon evening
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jul 14 20:13:10 2008

Eric Korenman offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] mini photo story - balloon evening

out' (!) of the gondola at 5000 feet.

It seems so unreal, quiet an peaceful up there.

Your hind brain says "yeah -- step out so we can float away"

Your fore brain says "what the hell you doing??" <<<

Hi Eric,

Now that's interesting, as I had that feeling for years when photographing
from helicopters sitting on the floor with my legs over the side. I often
wondered what it would be like to just roll out and head to earth. Obviously
with a parachute! :-)

Finally a month past my 65th birthday I did just that! I figured if I waited
to the 66th people would tell me I was too old to do it! :-) Or put me in a
straight jacket! :-)

My attitude was "screw them it's now or never!" So when the jump master
yelled "GO!" .. "OUT I WENT FROM 4000 feet!!!!!!!! :-)  Hell of a ride and
glad that I did it. well that is other than on the days now when the torn
tendon that was un-repairable in my right shoulder becomes a sort of
screaming hell due to my landing not being 100% correct. OK so it was
99.9999% not bad for a first jump. :-)

Attitude today when I can hardly put a camera to my eye? Damn glad I did it
as it was something of a life time adventure to do. And you bet your sweet
buns I'd do it again. However? After my reincarnation! :-)

But you can't beat being upside down in a P51 on your 76th birthday doing
loop the loops and rolls and tumbling through the sky! But jeeesh wait until
the 80th next year! :-)

ted