Subject: [Leica] 28/3.5 Color -Skopar
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Jul 16 09:59:48 2008

Just received this little lens from Camerquest. Very quick service.

My 28/2.8 Elmarit is big in comparison. The Elmarit is heavy too,
although the little Skopar is just as solid pound for pound. Maybe more
solid.

I wanted a compact 28 to team with my 50/2.8 Elmar. OTOH, I really
didn't need another lens.  I bought it because I hadn't purchased
anything new in a long while. Plus it was silver (for my chrome M6),
discontinued (watch it become a classic when it's out of stock), 28mm
and tiny.

Hopefully I'll love it. You just never know if you'll use a lens 'till
you own it. If it's a Color Skopar will it work for B&W?  ;-)

I wish it were fast, but you can't have it all. I had a 35/3.5 Summaron
for many years. It was a fantastic little lens. Negs from that lens were
so easy to print. Always my benchmark of a good lens. I shouldn't have
sold it. I had a 35/2 at the time. Then I got rid of the Summicron and
bought a 35/1.4 ASPH. I've lacked a small wide angle since.

I appear to be building two rangefinder systems; one big and fast, a
second tiny and slow. It'll be interesting to see which one gets the
most use.

Now if I can only find that SM-BM adapter I picked up at a camera show
long ago knowing that I'd need it someday.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] 28/3.5 Color -Skopar)