Subject: [Leica] OT Firewire 800 daisy chain speed question
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Tue Jul 22 11:08:28 2008

Hi Steve, I would try doing a test for yourself. There
is a monitor programme in the Utilities folder (I
forget the name but it is self explanatory, sadly I am
away from home and stuck with a pc) Open it, select
the disc activity box and the read and write speed of
any disc activity will be shown. Just copy a file of
reasonable size to or from your firewire 800 drive
with and without the firewire 400 bits connected, and
see if there is a different read and write speed. My
firewire 800 HD runs at around 60 whatnots per thingy
on reasonable sized files (I forget the exact units).
:-)
Frank